Friday 6 May 2011

Heart Rate Training

I have just finished reading the boo "Heart Monitor Training for the Compleat Idiot" (yes, the mis-spelling is deliberate !). It makes interesting reading and I have decided to follow his training methods to see if it does work; it makes sense when you read about it....

So, Wednesday I went out for my first run and found it quite hard to keep my heart rate below my magic number of 146.... 70% of my max.... I came back not totally convinced that this is going to work but will persevere for a month to see how it goes.

This evening I went for my second HR run and hit problems early on, my heart rate soon soared to over 220 ! A quick readjustment of the heart rate monitor strap bought it back in to line.... it had slipped and was giving strange readings ! I found a comfortable pace and managed to keep my heart rate fairly constant.

All I can say is watch this space !

This is the data from this evenings run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...